10 Mar SAP MII
SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) is the first manufacturing intelligence portal throughout the globe. It enables companies to integrate the production band to business solutions and process through the following functions:
- It offers a web-based interface for production and information systems for the use of the employees.
- All related parties (customers, suppliers, employees) are able to access critical information using various tools (PDA, mobile devices, Internet applications).
- It allows the integration of all factory workshop systems using XML to the business applications.
- It facilitates supply chain decisions thanks to instantaneous status monitoring.
SAP MII utilizes web server technology to process data that it reads from several data sources through determined workflows and to present the results to the users.
Examples of functions that can be realized with MII:
- Collecting actual production data on real time basis; tracking employee or production tool tallies; automatic confirmation; automatic label printing; reporting; scrap analysis; instantaneous unit price calculation
- Target Costing, Quality Costing
- Analysis of downtime and production efficiency; downtime, reasons, duration, Operator and Production Line/Production Cell OEE, Capacity Utilization, efficiency calculation and reporting
- Coordination of production and support functions; Alerts – Automatic Notifications: triggering quality in shutdowns due to quality deficiencies; triggering logistic and procurement units in disruptions due to problems related to materials or semi-finished goods; triggering final quality control unit, forklifts and warehouse in crate filling; automatic notifications sent to maintenance crew in shutdowns and automatic creation of breakdown and maintenance requests etc.
- Monitoring with Andons and sharing of instantaneous KPIs on screens, visual factory applications
- Trackability of materials and production tools
- Developing predictive maintenance application using instantaneous signals from production tools, e.g. monitoring temperature, hydrolic viscosity, vibration, energy consumption and the like to keep tallies in SAP PM and automatically creating predictive maintenance requests
- Automatically creating performance-based maintenance plans according to production
Monitoring instantaneous data from laboratories, reporting quality KPIs, detailed analyses of scrapping causes