Digital transformation continues to change our life and work practices day by day. As we try to keep up with this rapid transformation, we are witnessing how the skills to succeed in business life and performance measurements are changing. And, the critical players of this transformation are undoubtedly human resources departments. This is because one of the crucial criteria for businesses to keep up with the digital transformation is to invest in the right human resources infrastructures at the right time to give way to their development.
So, what has digital transformation changed in human resources management?
Traditionally, HR is a department responsible for key issues related to personnel management and the workforce. But traditional implications are no longer enough to keep up with the change since we now know the secret of sustainable success is happy employees. Therefore, now HR undertakes many vital tasks such as employee happiness, bringing talents to the enterprise, increasing productivity, developing talents, and increasing loyalty and retention.
In such an environment, it has become inevitable that new IT applications in human resources management are among the priorities of companies. Because today, IT solutions help reduce the workload of employees in many fields, while allowing them to focus on more vital tasks with reporting.
The era of digital HR has already begun with these cloud-based systems powered by new technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. And recently, we have rapidly adopted new ways of working due to the pandemic. So in this article, let’s discover the new generation of human resources management solutions that will make our lives easier.
SAP is one of the world’s best enterprise software companies, operating in 180 countries. With approximately 250 thousand customers, it is Germany’s most valuable company and one of the top 20 in the world. SAP is now offering a new generation solution package for human resources management: SAP SuccessFactors Human Experience Management (HXM).
SAP’s comprehensive package encompasses powerful, cloud-based solutions in core HR and Payroll, Talent Management, Employee Experience Management, and analytical reporting. In the recent past, we used to only talk about Human Resources areas such as Performance Evaluations, Training Management, Development Plans, and we continue to do so. However, we’ve learned lately that it takes experience to have and sustain the most profound impact on employees. Imagine that you missed a promotion or you were involved in a project where you put in a lot of effort and your effort was not appreciated. This is a situation/experience that will directly affect your future performance and development. That’s why we called it Human Capital Management (HCM) in the past, but because of the importance of experiences in our lives, we now call it HUMAN EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT (HXM) as a metaphor. In other words, HXM is a set of experiences that better serve the employees and therefore the business with a new generation approach.
The key for businesses to achieve their goals is their employees, since business goals can only be achieved when employees achieve from their lowest to the highest goals. It is only possible for employees to achieve these goals in work environments where they are happy, peaceful, and feel a sense of belonging. This is where SAP human resources solutions come to the fore. It provides us with a digital system infrastructure that is transparent, reportable, where the employee is objectively monitored, where they can follow up as a part of human resources processes and can give feedback as well as score themselves in performance systems.
SAP Human Experience Management includes solutions specifically designed to support employees throughout their careers and enable HR managers as well as HR leaders to accelerate business growth.
Now, let’s take a closer look at these solutions:
● SAP Qualtrics Employee Engagement enables you to reduce employee attrition, improve employee engagement, and increase workforce productivity with post-survey distribution reports by gaining real-time insights through employee engagement surveys and feedback.
● Qualtrics EmployeeXM for IT focuses on closing technological and digital employee experience gaps in your business for a more engaged and productive workforce.
● SAP Qualtrics Employee Lifecycle enables you to create successful recruitment programs.
● SAP Qualtrics 360 Feedback offers a versatile analytical evaluation infrastructure to reveal the deficiencies of managers and employees for career development.
● SAP Qualtrics Employee Benefits Optimizer helps you determine the most appropriate employee benefits model based on employee feedback and analysis of what is important to your employees.
● SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central provides a flexible, global core HR solution for your workforce that supports core HR processes and employee self-services.
● SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll provides a solution that also meets local payroll needs to automate and speed up transactions, reduce risk, and simplify payroll management.
● SAP SuccessFactors Time Tracking focuses on providing a simple, accurate, and personalized timeline to your employees and measuring it integrated with the payroll.
● SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Service Center enables employees to communicate with HR through their preferred channel.
● SAP SuccessFactors Document Management Core by OpenText centrally stores, manages, and creates documents and helps reduce costs by increasing employee productivity.
● SAP SuccessFactors Work Zone focuses on empowering employees with a personalized, modern, and user-friendly digital workspace solution that delivers relevant work experience and applications in one place.
● SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting focuses on selecting and directing the right talent to the right job through results-oriented recruitment practices and built-in engagement and automation.
● SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding, allows you to manage candidates’ job orientation programs and follow the processes like orientation and recruitment documents. in the recruitment process with a single solution.
● SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals helps you align your strategy and goals, improve employee performance through continuous coaching and feedback, and identify top talent and understand their competencies to plan their development.
● SAP SuccessFactors Compensation focuses on creating and managing strategic salary programs that fit the needs of your employees, business, and budget.
● SAP SuccessFactors Learning offers innovative capabilities that can help you create a culture of continuous learning with an enterprise learning management system (LMS).
● SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development provides visibility and planning capabilities to support business growth, helping you develop the talent you need to meet business goals.
With SAP’s workforce analytics solution:
● Get your human resources reports instantly in the scatter plot infrastructure to make managerial decisions such as future growth.
● Track trends over time and in different periods such as annual, quarterly, monthly and seasonal time patterns.
● Answer key questions about your workforce with visual interactive HR analytics. Quickly identify risks and opportunities.
● Integrate data from multiple systems to build a solid database and leverage SAP systems support to help manage data quality.
With the SAP Digital Boardroom solution:
● Manage lead meetings with a unique user experience that supports interactive insights for better results.
● Answer questions instantly with powerful analytics, simple and user-friendly interface.
● Use situational analysis to explore alternative courses of action and compare the impact of possible decisions.
● Accelerate time to value with predefined queries, data models, visualizations, and best practices.
Finally, take workforce planning to the next level with SAP Analytics Cloud.
Now, let’s listen to customers who benefit from the SAP SuccessFactors solutions:
“As one of the largest financial services providers in Central and Eastern Europe, Erste Group Bank AG has 47,000 employees working across 2,300 branches. With SAP SuccessFactors solutions, we have unified and modernized HR across the entire company for the first time, enabling us to unite and engage our workforce. By implementing SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, every single employee now has access to digital HR services. The time for managers to get HR data has been reduced from two weeks to two minutes.” Michiel van den Berg, head, HR strategic projects, Erste Group Bank AG
“Reimagining HR has been an essential part of the digital transformation journey at Whirlpool Corporation. In order to build a highly engaged, high-performing global workforce, we need to provide HR employees with tools that enable them to be agile, data-driven, and strategic. The SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central solution provides a truly integrated and complete vision of our workforce so we can continue to deliver on our promise of ‘people excellence.” Arun Serikar, director, global HR technology, Whirlpool Corporation
Traditional methods can no longer meet the needs of the business world, which has been affected by the digital transformation. Therefore, adopting future-oriented business designs and new generation solutions that prioritize employee experience is essential for businesses that want to achieve sustainable success.
Focusing on the perfect employee experience with its leading technologies, SAP SuccessFactors aims to maximize the workforce potential with the next-generation HR solutions. If you want to take your human resources management to the next level and get more information about SAP HXM Suite products and services, we are ready to help as SAP Turkey Gold Partner.
Digital transformation has been a part of our lives for a while now. And yet, its speed and constant change is still a challenge to keep up with for...Read More
A digital transformation is no longer an option for companies aiming for success in today’s fast-paced business environment. The channels and...Read More
Digital transformation continues to change our life and work practices day by day. As we try to keep up with this rapid transformation, we are...Read More